Hey guys, been awhile (four years? from the looks of it). I've got a lot of free time right now (more on that later), and went on a nostalgia binge and reread a lot of this place. It's been ten years since this version of the board was created, and man, I can hardly believe what an annoying little shit I was, even at 15. I'm sure another ten years from now I'll be saying the same thing about this post, but eh, mid thirties me is a boring old dude, who cares what he thinks.
So yeah, last I checked in I was in third year undergrad, engaged, and just having decided what I was going to do with my life, teach college or high school biology. Now? I'm still engaged to the same girl, I finished undergrad a few years ago (double majors in bio and education), and I've decided what I'm going to do with my life. After undergrad, I lucked into a temporary job teaching high school biology, and partway through that year, I realized I do not want to teach, and realized that hey, I really want to be a doctor, why not take a chance and go for it. Spent most of that school year holding down the full time job teaching and studying for the MCAT, which I eventually took and kicked its ass with a 38N. I've spent this year doing a whole lotta nothing, substituing when I get called for it while applying and interviewing to schools. While I'm still waiting to hear from my number one choice (NYU), I've been accepted to one school already, so hey, hard work and guts and all that jazz, right?
A fun little sidenote here: The car I had been driving for around a decade? It was a Cavalier. Past tense used there because just the other week, I got t-boned on my way to teach by a student in the class I'd have been subbing for. So now I'm car-less, and rely on my fiancee's car to get around, which, unfortunately means I have no car most days. This would be what's caused all that free time I mentioned earlier.
Oh, and I'm still into anime/manga and games (here's my anime list if anyone cares Mister_Feeny's Profile - MyAnimeList.net), even if I spend more time with books and western TV than with that stuff. Hell, I still even post on GameFAQs' anime board. Some things never change, I guess? I did move almost entirely to western music though, (http://www.last.fm/user/nabiki87/ better'n a what are you listening to thread, I think)
So anyways, what's going on with you guys nowadays? I still talk to phaq regularly, and I talked to wiseman a bit over the years, but not recently. The rest of you should show up sometime and fill us in on what's going on. We could totally have a reunion or something.









Bookmarks